Sadly, the Winter break is now over and school is back in session. Hopefully, the effects of eggnog have worn off and you are ready to hit the books for the Winter Term. Here are a few points to consider for the upcoming week and term:
1. A few important dates you need to be aware of:
- First day of classes- January 6
- Last day to day Winter Term fees- January 11
- Last day to add/drop Winter Term courses- January 13
- Last day to withdraw from full year courses and receive a WD- January 13
- Reading week- February 15-19
- Student Perspectives Conference abstracts due- February 22
- Last day of classes for the Winter Term- April 12
2. The Bookstore:
- The bookstore has extended hours until January 13
- Used books or course packages can only be exchanged during the first week of classes
- All exchanges or refunds must be in original packaging and accompanied by a receipt within 14 days of purchase.
- Also, check out the Students’ Association (SA) used bookstore (located in the SA office- room 2010) for required texts. You may be able to pick up used texts for cheap here.
- Bus passes and schedules are available in the Lift
- Lockers are available to rent through the SA
- Can’t figure out your student loan application? Check out Student Funding & Awards for help.
- Need a new job? The Counselling, Career & Learning Centre can help you clean up that resume.
- Want a gym membership to help lose those holiday pounds? Sign up at the train centre.
Enjoy the first week of classes and don’t worry, reading week is only 5 and a half weeks away!